Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rainy Wednesday runnings & ramblings

This week, as previously mentioned, is the first of full-time training again. I keep track of my weeks Monday to Sunday, so I'm three days in now. I didn't actually run on Monday, though, but I DID do an abridged CrossFit WOD (100' of lunges preceding rounds of 21, 18, and 15 pull ups/sit ups). The actual WOD has you do rounds of 12, 9, and 6 but I was at work and by the end of the round of 15 we were ready to leave.

Yesterday was a beautiful day and we got to leave earlyish so I was able to get my run in right at sunset. I had originally planned on doing an easy half hour on North Point Rd (from my house to the gate at the park entrance is exactly 1.7 miles) out & back but I decided to take a detour out and back on a mile long trail and I'm glad I did. The run was relaxing and rejuvenating plus running in the woods helped break up the road running some. I picked up the effort to what felt like moderate over the last few minutes and wound up running the last mile or so at ~7:00 pace. I wound up doing 5.5 miles (42:33) all told. I'm still getting used to the fact that my easy pace is under 8:00 and 7:00 miles feels moderate and not at all like I'm straining much. Cool.

Today was much worse, weather-wise, and we had a field trip of ninth graders at work who we took to do trail maintenance all morning. The walking around actually helped with some of my muscle soreness (mostly from Monday's workout). Around 5 pm I set off for a shorter, easier effort on the park road and that's just what happened -- 4.5 miles (40:30) at what was essentially recovery pace.

The rest of the week will see me doing another easy run of about the same length tomorrow with strides and some strength work after. Friday will be slightly longer (probably about 6 miles) with some short pick-ups in the middle miles. Saturday will be another easy day and Sunday will be my longest run in a while, probably about 75-80 minutes.

Cluck, cluck, cluck.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Job on your 5.5 miles. I wish my pace was of that now. But that will come in time im sure. i could do that in High School though, 16 years ago. lol. Enjoyed your post. Keep it up. BTW does Markus Aurelius have anything to do with Gladiator?

    ReplyDelete